Job Description: Book Development and Marketing Associate
Posted March 9, 2023 – open until filled.
Day Eight is a non-profit arts producer and publisher dedicated to the healing of the world through the arts. Our programs include an arts magazine, poetry events, exhibitions, performances, book publishing, and an arts journalism program. Diversity is part of our DNA, vision, and values. Our staff bring a variety of perspectives and experiences to our shared work. Day Eight publishes 4-6 poetry books per year and this position will be involved in all aspects of book development and marketing.
The Book Development and Marketing Associate works with authors, Day Eight staff and community members, bookstores, editors, and journalists, to develop and market Day Eight books. This position requires experience in book development and/or book marketing. Day Eight is also hiring a Poetry Program Assistant position and that job description can be viewed here.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Copy-editing of book text
- Drafting of book related texts including back cover text and press releases
- Pitching books for review and feature coverage
- Scheduling authors/books for readings
- Creating social media posts, blog posts, and similar, to promote books and book events
- Staffing and promoting book launch events and occasional additional events
Experience with graphics creation, social media, and web technologies including Eventbrite, WordPress, Canva
Past experience with book marketing preferred
Who You Are:
- The position is ideal for someone with a passion for poetry, and connections in the literary community
- The position is expected to work a set but flexible schedule during normal business hours
- The position is work by remote but the successful candidate is expected to be located in Washington, D.C.
- The position requires online and in person event support to include infrequent weekend and evening work
None; this is a part-time, 10-12 hour a week position
Based on experience, $26-31/hr.
How to apply:
To apply send a cover letter and resume to Robert <at> DayEight.org. Cover letters are expected to be 150 to 400 words in length. Applications submitted without a clear and brief cover letter will not be considered.
Download a PDF copy of this job description by clicking here.